The FN 509® is built on the proven architecture of the FNS™ Compact, FN made changes internally and externally to meet the rigorous performance standards of the MHS requirements and further developed the platform into the FN 509® with the help from industry experts. Over the course of development, the platform has been tested extensively for reliability, ammunition compatibility and durability – totaling more than one million rounds.
Its 15-round magazine is precisely engineered to take a dive to the prone position and naturally roll up toward the target. The checkered polymer frame has a low-bore axis for reduced felt recoil, enhanced operator control, and a grip angle that provides unmatched natural point of aim. Four interchangeable backstraps come standard to quickly customize the grip feel. All operating controls are fully ambidextrous for ease of use. The 5.3″ cold hammer-forged stainless steel barrel has a threaded muzzle to accept sound suppressors, compensators, and other accessories. The stainless steel slide has high-profile combat night sights and includes two mounting bases to accept multiple styles of optional red-dot electronic sights.
- Raised 3-dot Trijicon green tritium night sights (standard) allow for one-handed operation
- The width of the raised night sights perfectly size up the shoulder width of a target at 25 meters
- Slide cut and threaded for optional electronic red-dot sight (not included)
- Includes two mounting bases for optional red-dot electronic sights
- Caliber: .45 ACP
- Action: Single/Double Action
- Sights: Trijicon Night Sights; Suppressor Height
- Capacity: 15+1
- Barrel Length: 5.3"
- Slide Finish: FDE
- Frame Finish: FDE
- Weight: 33.3 oz.
Note: This item is a firearm and must be shipped to a FFL